Saturday, November 23, 2013

Weekly Photos, 11/17-11/23/13

No epic adventures yet this week, but Cody and I went on some nice runs and took a few photos. Occasionally we let Ryan tag along.

Sunday, 11/17/13- 10 miles on the Beaver Brook trail, starting at Genesee Park:
Family run at Genesee Park
Overlooking Clear Creek Canyon, from the Beaver Brook Trail. 11/16/13
Tuesday, 11/18/13- Fairmount Trail
Epic clouds on a morning run
The clouds were nuts
This is from our 'flat path' trail- a non-mountain run. It is called the Fairmount Trail and is right by our house

It was 60 degrees on Wednesday, so Cody and I went to a nearby lake to run/swim (Cody did mostly swimming, I did mostly running)
60F- perfect swimming weather, says Cody! 
Dog on a log
After our 60 degree day on Wednesday, the temperature dropped to 15 degrees while snowing 2" overnight. It then proceeded to snow another 2" for the rest of the day. Cody and I were thrilled!! We went to our favorite park- White Ranch- and played in the snow:
Run Happy :)
Snow over the valley
Cody INSISTED that she pose on this rock
The snow was just so beautiful- I didn't care that my hands froze taking all these pictures.
The snow on her face is all from the air- she didn't even roll in the snow! 
My happy little running buddy

Towards the end of our run, we came up on a herd of deer. Usually I don't let Cody chase deer, but this time I let her go. I'm glad the deer played along and 'ran' away….they probably just laugh at this pathetic little dog trying to hop through the snow and tall grass. As you can see in this video, she gives chase for like 10 seconds, then immediately turns around to come back to me, and is just SO proud of herself. I really should get her a herd of sheep to boss around. 



Cody took a rest day Friday, doing a lot of this:
Full body snuggles
Help! I'm being snuggled to death!

After her day of rest, she was ready for a 12 mile run at Centennial Cone park on Saturday.
Isn't this just a perfect winter scene?
Some trails only had a little bit of snow

We had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment