Thursday, October 31, 2013

GoPro Hero3 Black

We got a new toy!! We've been having so much fun taking videos with the iPhone while running, we decided to get fancy and bought a new GoPro Hero3 Black. (If you just want to watch the CodyCam in action, click here.)
I love the ritual of opening a new toy

It's so small! Yet so rugged- I think it can handle us!

Itty bitty GoPro

It arrived on Tuesday and I immediately set to work attaching it to Cody (of course)
GoPro DogCam!
I decided to use her running harness from Julius K9I'm still exploring the different options of how best to have the GoPro on Cody while running. This set up wasn't too bad, and I just used various velcro straps and arm bands we had lying around the house, as well as a FILM canister for added support (the clear plastic thingy)
Temporary CodyCam mounting system.

Yesterday, Cody and I went for a run to test out the new CodyCam, and took some shots of our local running trail, North Table Mountain.
North Table mountain, looking towards Boulder

Fish eye, meet stink eye
New toy?!
The CodyCam!

I'm still learning all of the settings and how to post-process the videos. The learning curve is definitely steeper than an iPhone ;) I will post a much more detailed review of what I've learned, and my opinion after actually using it for more than a day. In the mean time, enjoy these quick videos I put together using the new GoPro! I apologize if the quality is low- I am still figuring out all of the export settings, and how to NOT compress the video quality as much. The camera actually takes stunning videos, but the consequence is monster file sizes!

(Mobile won't work because of the song I chose)



Mobile here

2 comments:

  1. Cody Cam rules! Slight crick in my neck after watching the video, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron!! I'll be working with Cody on her videography skills ;)

      Delete